Tobin Babcock is the Lead Instructor of Comprehensive Tactical Solutions.
A law enforcement firearm and tactics instructor with more than 20 years of experience, Tobin is an Indiana police officer with a career spanning patrol, emergency response, and training. In addition, he serves as a member of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security District 1 Law Enforcement Strike Team.
He holds numerous instructor certifications as a police and civilian instructor, training officer, and public security consultant. Moreover, he is the Training Director for his department as well as a neighboring police department.
Additionally, Tobin is a competitive shooter and represents the United States in World Shoots. He is the Match Director for Blue Line 3-Gun, an annual charity match to raise funds for families of fallen officers.
- Instructor in Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings (Department of Homeland Security, New Mexico Tech Energetic Materials Research Center)
- Certified Law Enforcement Training Provider (Michigan Commission On Law Enforcement Training Standards)
- Handgun Instructor (Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board)
- Shotgun Instructor (Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board)
- Patrol Rifle Instructor (Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board)
- Emergency Vehicle Operations Instructor (Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board)
- Tactical Shotgun Instructor (Singleton International)
Throughout his 20+ years in law enforcement, Tobin has continually sought advanced training and opportunities to better serve his communities and teams. As a Deputy Sheriff from 1998 to 2004, he was a member of the Emergency Response Team (SWAT). Since 2005, he has served his Indiana municipality as a patrol officer and dual role as the department’s Training Director.
Additionally, Tobin is a member of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security District 1 Law Enforcement Strike Team. As part of his law enforcement duties, he was assigned to assist the United States Secret Service Vice Presidential Close Protection detail.
Along with defensive and tactical training, Tobin has been involved in the shooting sports since childhood, starting with hunting and marksmanship training at age 6. As a teen he continued to have a growing interest in competitive shooting.
Tobin’s interest in competitive shooting continues with regularly participating in the Indiana Multi-Gun Series and 3 Gun Nation Regional and Club series, Outlaw 3 Gun Matches, Designated Marksman Matches, and Precision rifle.
He is the Match Director for Blue Line 3 Gun, an annual charity match which draws more than 200 competitors from all over the country.
Tobin is a member of the following professional organizations:
- International Association of Law Enforcement Instructors
- International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association
- Association of Law Enforcement Emergency Response Trainers International
- National Tactical Officers Association
- Indiana SWAT Officer Association